Wednesday, March 29, 2017

Mooooo

On mornings when I sleep in more than usual, I am often awakened by the earnest, persistent mooing of our cows.  One thing is certain: they love to eat.  
Through the winter, when the grass is all dead and eaten clean to the roots, we have to feed these beasts every morning. (Actually, that's Tirzah's job!  She is dreadfully good about it, too.)  When their daily feeding is delayed beyond their tolerance, they let us know.  And they're a frightful chorus when they all get in it together.  
But despite their demanding dispositions, I am so glad that we added them to the family 3 years ago.  They have made life just a bit more adventurous.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Whether friend or stranger, I'm glad you stopped by! Hearing from you brightens my day, so feel free to communicate with me here.