Wednesday, June 29, 2016

3. A quote: sufficient?

Third and final day of the quote challenge tag!

First, I just have to say that C.S. Lewis was an incredible writer.  Some of his insights (in the Narnia series specifically) blow my mind.  When I first processed the quote above (I say "processed" because I'm sure I'd heard it before, but it hadn't reached my brain right.), it really stopped me.  I realized the truth of it.  If I think I am good enough for anything, I have already fallen short.  It is the honest humility that we need help--God's help--in our lives that brings success.  We prove how weak and unable we are when we think we are strong and capable.  We're only enough because of Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whether friend or stranger, I'm glad you stopped by! Hearing from you brightens my day, so feel free to communicate with me here.