Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Family vacation, part 4

Part 4: Exploring downtown Leavenworth!

We got to spend a couple mornings of our vacation exploring some of the shops in downtown Leavenworth.  As before mentioned (I think), I had never been to Leavenworth before, and it was just as cute and perfect as I had ever heard.  The paintings on each building front were done to perfection.  The design of buildings and the town as a whole was uniform, clean, and attractive.  A town that is entirely well done is a rare thing.  I nearly felt transported to a European town, and it was definitely a place I could survive if it weren't for all the tourists!  (And this time I was one of those annoying people.)

As our "gang" of 23 (13 under 10) invaded each little shop, I'm sure the shop keepers cringed and hoped we would leave soon. I found these shakers, which accurately describe others' frequent assumptions of our family.  Is there a butter dish with a warning label: "We are not perfect!"?
Demonstrating "nice, normal family"
Grandma and the 13 twerps.
Jonathan and Selah
Eve
Gideon: are we really going to spend the morning walking around town?
First, we located the important shops in town in case of an emergency.

A shop front's painting

SO many nutcrackers!

Uncle Caleb and kids with someone else's shining knight.

Mordecai, Judah, and Emma



Because even mailboxes are important.  No, I didn't check for mail with my name on it.
Eve with a giant cookie.
Emma, Keziah, and Eve about to consume a lot of sugar.
"Wait.  Where'd my cookie go?"



Even the hospital looked inviting.  Too bad I didn't have a reason to go.
Some of you may know that I have a real talent for getting hurt, often without knowing about it until later.  Because of this rare and special ability, I love band-aid aisles.  When I go to, say, Rite Aid, I literally find pleasure in admiring band-aids, bandage wraps, and doctor tape.  One time I went to such a store and bought over 200 band-aids and some tape.  It is one of my favorite aisles ever.  So I was pretty enthusiastic about these bacon band-aids I found (but didn't buy).




Levi!




<Some crazy unicorn with a coffee met us at the hat shop.  I got a picture before she made her quick escape.

>Is this wolf sick or scary?




Mordecai was happy to wear any hat that I picked out.  He was quite a cute model, don't you think?

Why did the chicken cross the road?  Who cares?
Mom is going for a new style.


The buildings were all painted with precision.



I found the knight in shining armor!


Ice cream for everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whether friend or stranger, I'm glad you stopped by! Hearing from you brightens my day, so feel free to communicate with me here.