Monday, June 27, 2016

1. A quote: be different

Last week (or was it 2 weeks ago now?) I was tagged by Sarah Eddy for a quote tag!  Now I am to post a quote for 3 days in a row.  (Don't check on Sarah too closely; she broke the rules!  Haha!)  Even though I didn't get to this right away, I've been thinking about quotes a lot in "preparation."  The following quotes are by no means limited to my favorite quotes, but they are ones that have made me stop and think for some amount of time.  I am also super bad about picking out just one quote.  There are so many good quotes out there--books, movies, "famous" people--that it's hard to be limited to only 3 days.  Well, I suppose I could post quotes other days, too....
Can you honestly imagine living this way?


I know I often get trapped in a mindset of worrying about what other think about me and the way I live, look, or even speak.  When I'm with others, I get really focused on myself and how I'm being seen.  One of my long-time wishes has been to live one day as someone else so that I can see myself from another perspective.

However, as Christians our lives are no longer about us.  They are to be entirely about Him.  Even still, I often forget this fact.  I continually fall into the trap of living in a way so that others see and like me.  That is not our mission.  Can we transform our mindset to think in a new way and let only, always Christ be seen?

2 comments:

  1. Dear me...I seem to have started a rule-breaking trend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sarah, you must forgive me! In checking back at your blog later, I realized that there WERE 3 consecutive posts on quotes! I must have missed something before. I meant to then change my most rude and heartless comment about your rule breaking. I shall attempt to be more careful next time!

      Delete

Whether friend or stranger, I'm glad you stopped by! Hearing from you brightens my day, so feel free to communicate with me here.