Sunday, May 22, 2016

Countless raindrops


The past week has been so lovely with its rain and clouds.  I have this thing for rain, cold weather, and clouds, which really grates on some of my friends and family members who are sun-only type of people.  Sometimes I can be almost obsessive about this type of weather.   It always gives me cause for long, wistful looks out the window as the clouds grow darker and the rain falls more heavily.  Last summer I wrote a blog on rain and pluviophiles, probably because I was dreaming of escaping the summer heat that was causing me to melt away.

But rain and clouds don't only produce happiness and relaxation.  They are definitely visually artistic and pleasing, too.  Raindrops are like thousands of tiny magnifying glasses that hang on to each leaf, gutter, and window.  They sit on leaves and flowers in little shiny, clear balls, waiting to be noticed.  After one of our rains earlier this week, I went outside with the camera and a mission to take pictures that would represent rain...and I found raindrops basking everywhere, still hanging around long after the rainfall.  What's not to admire?







"Before the Throne of God Above" is a good hymn to go to, particularly if you are overwhelmed by your sin.  It speaks of the life and hope we have because God has removed the fear and death.  It's hard to imagine, but we are actually united--one--with Him.  This doesn't mean that He overlooks sin, but He is eager to forgive when we are ready to recognize it.  He is always there for us when we are ready to admit our inadequacy.  Because He is enough.

Before the throne of God above
I have a strong, a perfect plea;
A great High Priest, whose name is Love,
Who ever lives and pleads for me.

My name is graven on His hands,
My name is written on His heart;
I know that while in heav'n He stands
No tongue can bid me thence depart.
(Can you imagine your name being written on His hand?! His love has no limit.)

When Satan tempts me to despair,
And tells me of the guilt within,
Upward I look, and see Him there
Who made an end of all my sin.

Behold Him there! the risen Lamb!
My perfect, spotless righteousness,
The great unchangeable I AM,
The King of glory and of grace.
(because of Him we are made righteous.  It is hard to imagine being righteous, but this is what He has come to be and do for us.)

One with Himself, I cannot die;
My soul is purchased by His blood;
My life is hid with Christ on high,
With Christ, my Savior and my God.
(We aren't just saved by God. We are ONE with Him!  He has truly humbled Himself to allow us--sinners--to be so connected with the God of all creation.  We are free because of Him.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whether friend or stranger, I'm glad you stopped by! Hearing from you brightens my day, so feel free to communicate with me here.