Thursday, May 12, 2016

Smile moments

Sometimes pictures just come randomly and impulsively.  Whether driving down the road (or riding, rather, because everyone knows that shutter-clicking while driving is a bad idea), walking through the store, living the life at home, or finding unique edibles, there are often little things throughout the day that makes one smile.  These little things don't fit into boxes or categories because they come surprisingly and one at a time.  That's what makes life so interesting, right?
So here are some of those impulsive "smile moments" that have come through my life in the past few months...

This about sums it up.
I'm assuming this means that my dream monster truck will be worth it.







A good license plate cover can make anyone's day.  These 2 were no exception.  Having something cool on a car should be a law.  It makes the long car trips so much more bearable!
(Of course, we don't have anything interesting on either of our cars, so I can't really judge.)


A few months ago I got to go out for coffee with one of my best friends, Isarai.  Although we have been friends for 10+ years, this was the first time we had gone out as just the 2 of us!  It was so much fun to have an outing together, getting to talk, listen, and be just us.  Isarai (and her sisters!) makes my life a brighter place.  I can't brag on her enough, really.   She is encouraging, thoughtful, and well, every other good adjective, too!  ;)  Isarai, we must do this again!

As we finally headed out of the coffee shop, the bridge went up, so we got an excuse to spend a few more minutes together in the car.  It's always nice when those excuses to be a little later and spend more time together come up.

Isarai and me.
************************************




My sister makes amazing everything, but especially cakes.  This wild cake beats most.  It was pretty intense.

Remember Bunny Rabbit?  After he came to visit and stay for a night in October, we sent him on his way again.  However, he recently stopped in for another visit.  ;)


I think it's a pretty popular idea that velveeta is really unhealthy.  BUT my family still likes it.  I mean, where would we all be if we only ate things that were healthy?  :P  When I found this sign as I walked through the store, I thought "YES."  Because all the bad stuff tastes good.

THIS is called traffic, for those of you who are unfamiliar with the idea.  This is what makes me increasingly grateful that I don't live in the big city.  It's good to be reminded of that occasionally.  We have been to Seattle at least 10 times in 2016, 7 of which times was for the airport.  We have encountered some really crazy traffic that goes on for miles.  I am so glad that this is not part of my daily life!


For you bacon lovers out there, what about a bacon lollipop?  My mom got me this a few months ago because I like things like bacon ice cream.  I finally opened it after getting past the "save the unique stuff forever" stage.  Honestly, it wasn't that good, but it was worth it.  

It's a high compliment when the niece wants to have slippers just like you.  Moriah asked if she could match me, so I pulled out my old slippers for her.  She knows how to make someone feel good, I guess.  ;)


We were given a marshmallow recipe book by a friend/unofficially adopted sister quite a while ago.  Partly out of neglect, partly out of being so busy, we didn't get around to experimenting for a long time.  But a few Saturdays ago I got a sudden burst of inspiration, came in from mowing, and got busy making marshmallows for the first time!  I was completely shocked when they actually turned out like marshmallows, even down to the texture.  It was a really good moment when I realized that I had done it right!  This is definitely something that will be happening more often.
Orange marshmallow!
Peanut butter!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whether friend or stranger, I'm glad you stopped by! Hearing from you brightens my day, so feel free to communicate with me here.