Sunday, May 15, 2016

It's a spring thing

He is good, He is good.
His love endures forever.
Give thanks to the Lord, for He is good.

He is good, He is good.
His love endures forever.
Give thanks, for He is good.

For His unfailing love and His wonderful deeds, 
Give thanks, give thanks to the Lord.
He is good, He is good.
His love endures forever.
Give thanks, for He is good.

Although the words to "He is good" are rather simple, they are full of truth and peace.  The words and tune together are so calming and seem to just welcome reflection. 
In the past year or so I often have had to tell myself "He is good!" again and again.  I need this reminder a lot, because sometimes life seems overwhelming, and I start to wonder where God is and why He is allowing various events.  Yet He remains ever faithful and good...always.  Yes, He allows painful things to happen, but that is refinement.  Dross keeps gold from being valuable.  In the same way, God cleans out the dirty things of our lives to make us beautiful and valuable in Him.
Even in hard times, we can know without doubt that God is indeed good.  He doesn't take breaks from being good.  He is always there for us.  Even in very painful situations, we can continue to say "HE IS GOOD," because it will never stop being true.
Excuse all the pictures of flowers.  :)  Every spring I find myself in awe at the new life of plants and trees.  Besides, flowers are so complex, each in their own way.  It's hard to ignore creation and the wonder of God.  Imagine what His care for you looks like if He designs each individual flower.   












Pictures of Chara have been rather lacking lately.  She doesn't like to sit still for long, especially if I try to get her attention.  But she's still quite cute and eager to learn and make friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whether friend or stranger, I'm glad you stopped by! Hearing from you brightens my day, so feel free to communicate with me here.