Sunday, April 23, 2017

Lord, You're beautiful



















O Lord, You're beautiful;

Your face is all I see,
For when Your eyes are on this child,
Your grace abounds to me.

I want to take Your word and shine it all around,
But first help me to just live it, Lord.
And when I'm doing well, help me to never seek a crown,
For my reward is giving glory to You.

O Lord, please light the fire
That once burned bright and clean.
Replace the lamp of my first love
That burns with holy fear.

O Lord, You're beautiful;
Your face is all I see,
For when Your eyes are on this child
Your grace abounds to me.

This Keith Green song was part of my second ever post on this blog, but I'm posting it again because I still love this song to pieces.  :)  I often wake up with these words playing in my mind, reminding me that God is beautiful and that I need less of myself but more of Him in this new day.

For those of you who don't know, I'm a pretty big fan of Keith Green's music.  Something about his words are so real.  The songs he wrote give me so much to relate to.  Keith Green wasn't afraid to admit that the Christian walk is a struggle; as Paul says in Romans 7, part of me wants to die to myself and see more of Christ while the other part still wants to live in fleshly pleasures.  I am in constant need of the reminder that giving glory to God is all the reward that I need.  May God continue lighting His fire in my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whether friend or stranger, I'm glad you stopped by! Hearing from you brightens my day, so feel free to communicate with me here.