Sunday, March 8, 2015

Sunset at the beach

This week has been so crazy, but absolutely wonderful.  We had a lot of company and traveling, and even more incredible conversations.  Paul, Jeremiah's co-worker and roommate in Iraq in 2010/2011, came out from Ohio for the week, and 2 friends from Alaska also joined us, Mrs. Hufford and her daughter, Kea.
On Tuesday we all went to Ruby Beach with my two brothers, Caleb and Mattaniah, for the afternoon.  After getting wet, jumping and climbing around, and skipping rocks, the sun was going down, and we decided to watch it disappear before leaving.  As we all stood there in silence watching the flaming sun, the words to Keith Green's "Oh Lord, You're Beautiful" came to my mind.  They were so fitting to the sight we were seeing and the thoughts of my mind:

 Oh Lord, You're beautiful
Your face is all I seek
For when Your eyes are on this child
Your grace abounds to me.

I wanna take Your word and shine it all around
But first help me to just live it, Lord
And when I'm doing well, help me to never seek a crown
For my reward is giving glory to You

Oh Lord, please light the fire
That once burned bright and clear
Replace the lamp of my first love
That burns with holy fear.
The sun was at this point when we arrived

Left to right: Matt, Paul, and Caleb




The beach was perfect
the rocks were so smooth, and great for skipping...for those who can do so.

my nephew, Titus!
the kids found as much excitement in throwing big rocks in the water as the adults did in skipping the flat ones
Kea and my niece, Ashnah
Mordecai liked to pick the biggest rocks around




My lovely Mom
Mordecai was a wonderful model for me
Auntie Tirzah and Mordecai

These 2 crazy kids call me aunt!! 
Keziah also enjoyed getting her picture taken
a lonely pine cone among the rocks
Paul thoroughly brainwashed us all with the Ohio way.  Paul, Kea, me, and Tirzah.


Elijah is always adorable
Caleb had to conquer the big rock

Matt joined in the conquering
There were a lot of cool arches and holes in the rocks
the sky and reflections are 2 or my favorite objects of photography



Tirzah, Keziah, and Kea climbing rocks.



While Caleb ran on the beach, Kea and I gave him a soundtrack from "Chariots of Fire."  
It was very 
entertaining
Keziah, Tirzah, and Mordecai


Group picture!
Since I was photographer for the group picture, they insisted on a picture of me. 

Titus walking the beach

Ashnah
Matt and Keziah watching the sunset






And then the sun was gone for another night

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for posting all the beautiful photos! My camera had died soon after we arrived at the beach, so I had prayed that God would burn the image of the sunset into my memory- I'll take your blog as the answer to my prayer there. :) I love and miss you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kea, I'm thankful my camera battery lasted for over 300 pictures that afternoon! I had so much fun practicing at such a beautiful site! (not to mention the lovely people, too.)

      Delete

Whether friend or stranger, I'm glad you stopped by! Hearing from you brightens my day, so feel free to communicate with me here.