Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Thankfulness challenge


I am not a naturally thankful person.  I have to often remind myself to be thankful and think positively.  But I really want to teach myself to focus on the enjoyments of life and how to make the most of it.  God has blessed me incredibly, so I need to live like it!
I decided something needed to change.  I needed something to train my thoughts in the right direction.  Then I realized that there are these consistent things called months, and within each month things happen...and within those things that happen are opportunities to be thankful.  So here's for September:

1. Memories of summer to keep me smiling as school and a lonely fall life begins.
2. An auntie's words of wisdom at dinner time, such as "Moriah, you are not a dog."
3. Catching up on letters
4. Phone calls with friends far away
5. Last sunny days for making clothes "crunchy" on the clothesline
6. Cold fall morning sunshine that makes the dewy grass shiny
7. Starting school
8. A niece to shout "Sharon?  Where are you?  What are you doing?" every time I leave the room
9. A sweet, tired, sick nephew to cuddle with after dinner
10. Adding Chara to our family
11. Refreshing rain that allows for cozy days
12. Getting to wear sweaters again
13. Songs like "Sunflower Seeds" (composed by Ema Burt), "Lava," and the Bing-Bong theme song to keep my mind company during work
14. Car wax that smells amazing
15. Inside family jokes that have everyone instantly laughing at the reminder
16. A fixed bathroom!
17. No bats in the house for a whole week
18. House cleaning jobs overlooking the canal for an extra calming effect
19. A girl who can't stop talking and therefore teaches me that some people really are like that
20. Contentedly working alongside my sister without having to say a word

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whether friend or stranger, I'm glad you stopped by! Hearing from you brightens my day, so feel free to communicate with me here.