Thursday, July 16, 2015

Friends and birthdays

"Friends are hard to find, harder to leave, and impossible to forget."

This week was Johannah's birthday, so we spent the first 2 days of the week celebrating her!  It was super fun, involving lots of laughing and new memories together.  I'm really glad Ema, Johannah, Tirzah, and I got to spend time together all over the place this week.

This was our first time getting to celebrate with Johannah on her birthday, so we had to make it extra special by first surprising her in town, then surprising her with some "plans" and getting ice cream at "Hoodsport Coffee Company," and, lastly, making a quick stop by the water.  It was a really fun, memorable afternoon together.

The following day, we hosted a big party for a birthday dinner.  After playing Taboo and 4 on the couch, everyone left except for Johannah and Ema.  Then the 4 of us pulled out Guesstures for some good laughs before heading to bed.

So basically, I'm really grateful for these 2 friends God has brought into my life in the past couple years.  They are really wonderful and a real joy to my life.  If only they could be around more often!  I'm going to miss you two a lot when summer's over!!  =(


"Best sign of the day" award.  But this gang of girls doesn't need coffee to do stupid things fast.

Ema and Johannah
Our friendship.  That's all.

"We better get one nice one."
Real friends share ice cream.


If we aren't going to get wet, then the camera will.  (Ema and me)

This froggy looking rock reminded us of a short video/song we had all just seen that afternoon, which was really cute.  I haven't been able to find the video and song together, but here's the song.
These lantern things were putting on a little light show.

"I'm a tree, guys!!"
Wonder why Ema looks so happy?  She was a pro at Guesstures!


"If you take my picture again..."
"Oh, yeah.  I can't resist being my cute self."

Fun side note on an ice cream package.
I love it when companies do something creative like this.
And, yes, life is bold (and boring) without ice cream.

"The rose of the valley may wither,
The pleasures of youth pass away,
But friendship will blossom forever
While all other flowers decay."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whether friend or stranger, I'm glad you stopped by! Hearing from you brightens my day, so feel free to communicate with me here.