Wednesday, December 14, 2016

Another fall flood

By now, I think we all know that I'm dreadfully behind on blogging.  I mean, I suffer from this condition through most of the year.  That leaves me with the fears of "what should I blog about next?  Should I keep things in chronological order or blog about this week first?"  I know, big questions.  Well, I decided to stick with chronological, even though I have much to blog about happenings in the past week or so.

Last month we had another fall "flood."  Nothing major; at least not for us on our property.  Unfortunately some others in the area faced damage, but we got away with only flooded yard and field.  Since our damage doesn't effect us, we get rather excited about amounts of rain that produce flooding.
This waterfall on a rock up the mountain near our house only appears after several days of heavy rain.  Ultimately, this is how we know we've had a lot of rain, just in case we forgot to notice.


Raindrops on roses!
So...this river is not supposed to be there.
See the little patch of snow?  This was a thrilling sight.
This big reflecting lake is just a field in the summer.


I'm obsessed with these trees.  :)
You can imagine what practicing football was like with all that rain!
And, to make our satisfaction complete, the mountains were so snowy and wonderful.  Snow is not a dependable thing around here, so we were glad to see it appearing on mountain-tops as early as November.  (It was even on the low mountains!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whether friend or stranger, I'm glad you stopped by! Hearing from you brightens my day, so feel free to communicate with me here.