Friday, December 16, 2016

kids and puzzles

A few weeks ago we had another of our typically busy weekends, in which we were babysitting some nieces/nephews as well as hosting other family members.  We had as many as 9 kids under 9 here at a time, which has great potential to get crazy.
One of the kids' favorite thing to do here is venture out with Auntie Tirzah and feed the cows their hay for the day.  They make quite a troop, and I'm sure the cows like having observers while they eat.

As I look through the rest of the pictures for this post, I notice that it probably looks like Selah and Levi got some special attention.  Well, it's true that they were being especially cute at the time, which made them good objects for the lens.  The truth is that the rest of the kids were probably running, jumping, or bouncing too quickly for the shutter to capture, though.



I can't get over this picture of Levi!  It's so adorable, if I may say so myself.
That night we decided to do a team-work puzzle of 1,000 pieces.  It had been so dreadfully long since we'd gotten the puzzles out, and it was kind of nice to reconnect with these old friends.  This puzzle took 6 hours between several of us, which is a little pathetic.  We had a rather late night, far past the kids' bedtime, as we were quite determined to finish.  In our defense, some parts of this puzzle were really complicated....I signed off duty when we got to those places.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whether friend or stranger, I'm glad you stopped by! Hearing from you brightens my day, so feel free to communicate with me here.