Friday, December 30, 2016

Christmas photo challenge

Here I am, frantically trying to blog one last post with a Christmas theme.  A new month and year are only a couple days away!
A few weeks ago I asked a friend (Johannah, namely) if she would like to do a photo challenge through the month with me.  I thought it would be a good motivator for me to do some photography, and it would be way more fun with someone else to join me.  Johannah agreed, so we chose a Christmas themed challenge that lasts 25 days--right up to Christmas.  We had a lot of fun emailing pictures back and forth and seeing how we each interpreted the photo prompts differently.

1. Oh Christmas tree
Since my family doesn't do a Christmas tree, I had to get a little creative right from the beginning.  Thank goodness for the internet, which taught me about Bokeh Christmas trees!  Of course, mine didn't turn out as good as the pictures on the internet, but it was a good try.
2. Glitter

I love how it looks like she's blowing fireworks out of her hands.
3. Something red

4. Something cold
This picture is less impressive now that it's gotten colder than this since this picture was taken.

5. Something you made

6. Ornaments


7. Something furry

8. Baking
Yes, coffee cookies are a real thing!  And so good.  Mmmmmm.
9. Shopping
Living 1+ hours from town means I can't get out and shop whenever I want in order to get a picture.  On this particular day, my family actually did go shopping, though, so I took pictures when the walked in.  I'm sure toilet paper shopping is just what the Christmas prompt was thinking of.
10. Santa: Santa was another tricky one.  I realized that we don't actually have any Santa decorations or anything that could've even remotely worked.  Imagine my excitement when I was given both this Santa chocolate and these Santa socks just in time.  I've never been known to get so excited over Santa themed things before.


11. Elves: Ok, this one needs some explaining.  Both Johannah and I had a hard enough time finding something with Santa on it.  Elves coming the very next day only made matters worse!  We decided to change today's prompt to be something about a favorite family ornament or something instead.  I chose this one, which I explained at the end of this post: why the orchestra director?

12. Cozy
13. Something hot

14. Black and white

15. Traditions: This is the ultimate Small family Christmas tradition.  It is a scroll that holds several ornaments representing Christ throughout the Bible.

16. Lights: lights are one of my favorite decorations at Christmas time!

17. Something green


18. Outdoors
I love waking up to this view every morning!

19. Fun
The fun of sledding like penguins can never be under-estimated.
And snowboarding just doesn't get old.
20. Self-portrait: Sooo...I went a little crazy with the self-portrait.  Once I had my idea down, I took SO many pictures.  I know, I know.  It seems a little vain.  But it was fun!  And I really enjoyed playing with new DIY filter.



21. Naught or nice

Oh the great lengths one will go to in order to get a picture for a photo challenge.  Don't feel any obligation to show this one off to your friends and family!
22. Reflection

23. Family
Night sledding with these ones!
24. Stockings

25. Messy/joy

Another fun family tradition is to gather around and make shish-kabobs for Christmas dinner.  We always have fun laughing and talking while stabbing food.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whether friend or stranger, I'm glad you stopped by! Hearing from you brightens my day, so feel free to communicate with me here.