Thursday, December 29, 2016

More snow love

On December 5th, we had a wonderful snowfall for the first time in several years.  It was such a lovely, welcome sight.  Unfortunately, we had to be away in the city all day when this rare stuff fell from the sky.  That was disappointing because Washington snow is very unpredictable and usually doesn't stay around for more than a day or 2.  When we got home that night, there was still enough snow left to look pretty, but not enough to really physically enjoy.  
Only a few days later, though, more of this flaky whiteness fell from the sky again and piled up into a few inches!  As you can imagine, Tirzah and I were really thrilled....so thrilled that I can't seem to stop taking pictures.  We've had snow for 24 days now, and we're still loving it.  Be prepared for several snow posts to come!


I'd like to think that the measuring tape isn't quite accurate.  I think there was actually a little more than 4 inches.


Chara looks SO good in the snow!






The Beast was actually not too thrilled about how good he looked in the snow.  He kept snorting at me when I tried to tell him how excited I was.

Doesn't this look like the right environment for these beasts!)
Snow pants every day....
This is my "I'm really excited about this white fluff" face, especially since I don't normally indulge in selfies.


This picture actually has great significance.  A long-standing Small tradition says that our Christmas orchestra director can't get her pine needle wand (and shock of hair!) until it snows.  (Her original, real wand and head-piece were broken long ago.)  Some years she doesn't get it at all.  But this year we got to present it with great ceremony quite early on.  She is a happy orchestra director.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whether friend or stranger, I'm glad you stopped by! Hearing from you brightens my day, so feel free to communicate with me here.