Saturday, December 2, 2017

Weekend visitors

Even though I am currently thousands of miles away from 9/13 of my nieces/nephews, I have still gotten a few opportunities to be an aunt this fall.  Now that my oldest sister and I live "close" (7 hours...west coast terms), she has gotten to come down to South Carolina a couple times in the past few months to keep me company and get me away from the books.  It's been fun to have a few opportunities to be together and just make some memories.  
Although all these pictures have terrible quality (taken on the phone.  Still haven't broken out the camera in months), they are still little pieces of our last time together in Greenville.  So thankful Sarah makes the effort to come see me!



Not like I'm keeping track or anything, but I think it might be good to note that I actually won that mini golf game...



This was the point when Jonathan thought burying himself in the dirt/sand would be a great idea...and the point when Auntie stepped in and made him sit up again. 
Check out that duck's hair! 





When I said "smile Jonathan!" this isn't exactly what I had in mind.





It's so easy to take family for granted.  When you've spent your whole life growing up together and dealing with each other, it's too easy to think they will always be there.  And when the harsh reality sets in, there's the realization that family can be the greatest gift in all of life if you let it.  My goal is to let myself enjoy this gift of family for as long as God allows!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whether friend or stranger, I'm glad you stopped by! Hearing from you brightens my day, so feel free to communicate with me here.