Friday, December 8, 2017

Peaceful sunrise

When my cousin asked me a couple weeks ago to get up really early on a school day to go watch the sunrise together before classes, I said yes.  That is against my nature only in the sense that I am not a morning person and some days getting up in time for classes is hard enough.  But, you know, we only get one chance at this life thing.  Enjoy the sunrise every once in a while.

So on an early Friday morning, we headed out of town and up into the hills.  I gotta say that it was really nice to get out of the city and see fields again.
It was light out by the time we got to Bald Rock, but the sun hadn't yet come up over the hills. It was so peaceful (and cold!) to watch the orange horizon grow more intense and see airplanes silently taking off in the distance.  (That will be me before long. ;) )




I couldn't believe how much graffiti was on this rock!
Even the ride back to the city would be hard to beat.  The fog was just beginning to lift, which reminded me so much of home.  It was all worth every minute I would've otherwise spent in bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whether friend or stranger, I'm glad you stopped by! Hearing from you brightens my day, so feel free to communicate with me here.