Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Seattle symphony

It is hard to beat good classical music.  However, the population of those who listen to classical music seems very low these days.  I am a very big fan myself, though, so it was a real treat when my mom took us to the Seattle symphony last month!  
The music was all so lovely.  I could have listened for a very long time.  But not only was the music unbelievable; the orchestra director passed the requirements for his job and was a very entertaining director.  Apart from the music, my favorite thing about live orchestras is the director.  They often really get into the music and make wild movements that make the symphony feel more like a movie!  :)  
One of the amazing pieces was an oboe concerto by Vivaldi.  The soloist was absolutely fantastic; this can be proven by the fact that her playing made me feel both depressed and inspired.  (Yes, I play oboe; but when I play, it certainly doesn't sound like the same instrument she played!)
In 2014 my dad took my mom, Tirzah, and myself to the symphony to hear St. Matthew's Passion.  It was really special to be back for the first time since then.  


Intense chandelier thing hanging in the symphony building

No, the performance was not really this empty.
Traditional picture together.
Tirzah and me at the symphony 2 years ago.

2 comments:

  1. Aren't the chandeliers crazy? Our family went there to see the Boy's Choir preform this Christmas and we spent a good forty minutes trying to make the chandeliers into some kind of thing. It didn't work. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're pretty wild. Now that I think about it, they don't even have light bulbs in them, right? So are they technically chandeliers? :) I guess they are made to give the building more character...
      ooh, the boy's choir would have been fun to hear!

      Delete

Whether friend or stranger, I'm glad you stopped by! Hearing from you brightens my day, so feel free to communicate with me here.