Wednesday, February 24, 2016

A family Valentines

The day before Valentines, I was talking to Moriah about how we were going to do presents together "tomorrow."
She asked, "so we're going to play the Valentines song?"
Me (trying not to laugh): "No, we don't have a Valentines song."
Moriah (a little confused with this dilemma): "Oh, so we'll just have to play the Chanukah song?"
Me: "No, we won't play any song."
It made me glad that we had done Chanukah together in December;  it seems as though that was a special memory to her.  Now to introduce another family tradition: Valentines.

We had about half of this Small family here for Valentines, which is just a small party of 13 altogether.  While we missed having the rest, those of us here enjoyed being together for a couple days.  I'm really thankful for special celebrations that my family has made our own.  These make life complete and this family pretty sweet.

We were brought a few bouquets of flowers from my thoughtful brother and sister.  Aren't they sweet!?



Skyping with Sarah and family to pretend more of us are together.
Opening presents around the computer.
My crazy, cool new gorillapod!  Excited about this contraption.
Opening presents is a little intense.


Selah and Gideon evaluating toys.
Gideon!
More interested in the book or the camera?...

2 comments:

  1. It was fun to get a peek into your family's celebration! :)
    Also, btw, I tagged you for the Spectacular Book Tag. This is totally optional, but if you want to do it, check out my blog for details. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, fun! I enjoy being tagged, even though it takes me a long time to put together answers. :)

      Delete

Whether friend or stranger, I'm glad you stopped by! Hearing from you brightens my day, so feel free to communicate with me here.