Monday, September 26, 2016

Beachy weekend, day 1

Last weekend my mom, sister, and I went to Cannon Beach for a weekend retreat!  A few ladies from our church also went, so we weren't strangers to everyone either.  I had never been to Cannon Beach before, and it was also my first time to participate in a women's retreat...which makes me feel really old.
On day 1, Friday, we drove down to Cannon Beach with a van full of friends from our area.  The clouds and sun over the water were a perfect combination and temperature.  I know I've said it before, but it's hard to compete with the texture and satisfaction of clouds.





Don't worry; yes, I'd been to Oregon before, but this bridge is pretty cool.

To complete our first day (part day) at the beach, we took a very short walk on the beach after dark.  It was cold.  It was sandy.  But we weren't the only ones out there at that time, and it was cool to see several fires along the beach that people were staying warm by.

2 comments:

  1. Our family absolutely loves Cannon Beach. We go there almost every year. Did you find the used bookstore?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! No, we didn't. We actually didn't spend very much time downtown. But we did find other important places like the rec room!

      Delete

Whether friend or stranger, I'm glad you stopped by! Hearing from you brightens my day, so feel free to communicate with me here.