Sunday, May 31, 2015

In Heavenly Love Abiding

In heavenly love abiding, no change my heart shall fear;
And safe is such confiding, for nothing changes here:
The storm may roar without me, my heart may low be laid; 
But God is round about me, and can I be dismayed?

Wherever He may guide me, no want shall turn me back;
My Shepherd is beside me, and nothing can I lack:
His wisdom ever walketh; His sight is never dim; 
He knows the way He taketh, and I will walk with Him.

Green pastures are before me, which yet I have not seen;
Brights skies will soon be o'er me where darkest clouds have been:
My hope I cannot measure; my path to life is free;
My Saviour has my treasure, and He will walk with me.

The rather impressive basket cake our family made for Memorial Day.
Unfortunately the ants thought it was cool, too!



3 comments:

  1. That he is a super impressive cake. What is the blanket on top made out of?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I basically had nothing to do with it other than watching. =) The blanket is made of marshmallow fondant. It was super sticky, and Keren had to knead it for a while. Cleaning up after that was pretty nasty. (And I think the pictures actually make it look better than reality.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Katie, I hadn't heard of it before you sent it to me! Thanks for sharing it so that I could, too!

    ReplyDelete

Whether friend or stranger, I'm glad you stopped by! Hearing from you brightens my day, so feel free to communicate with me here.