Tuesday, May 26, 2015

big or small

"Then He said, "Go out, and stand on the mountain before the Lord."  And behold, the Lord passed by, and a great and strong wind tore into the mountains and broke the rocks in pieces before the Lord, but the Lord was not in the wind; and after the wind an earthquake, but the Lord was not in the earthquake; and after the earthquake a fire, but the Lord was not in the fire; and after the fire, a still small voice..." 1 Kings 19:11, 12

"...instead of thinking that my life has to be some big windstorm or earthquake for God, perhaps I only have to let Him whisper gently through my life.  That story [1 Kings 19:11, 12] made me realize I don't have to accomplish some giant thing for God...It took a little while, but I finally figured out that God's purpose is for me to let Him do whatever He wants in my life, big or small."
~Whitney Cerak

I have just finished reading Mistaken Identity, one of my favorite books, for at least the 4th time!  I am so thankful for this story, which always leaves me desiring more of God.  When I read this quote from Whitney, I thought this has to be one of life's hardest lessons.  Whether we live for God or ourselves, it is hard not to want to look great in the end.  I know it is hard just for me to be content with whatever role God has for me in life, because my selfishness wants me to be recognized in the end.  What an important lesson to learn that life is truly all about Him and we don't deserve any of the recognition.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Whether friend or stranger, I'm glad you stopped by! Hearing from you brightens my day, so feel free to communicate with me here.