Sunday, April 19, 2015

Jesus is fairer

This weekend I got to play little bit logger, little bit ranch hand, and little bit game champion (oh, wait.  I lost, didn't I?).  It was nice to have my brother, Caleb, come up and help with several projects waiting to be done, and we always get in at least 1 late night for games.

While we worked on projects, under the piano proved to be a popular spot for the kids to play
Ashnah!
Elijah thought wearing the ear plugs was cool; I thought it gave me a headache.
"Smile, Elijah."
Working through this pile left from the loggers.


Dandelions are abounding in our yard--good source of food in the event of an economy crash...
But they aren't all dandelions.  Daisies are actually a welcome change.

Enraptured by the smell of lilacs 


Fairest Lord Jesus!  Ruler of all nature!
O Thou of God and man the Son! Thee will I cherish,
Thee will I honor, Thou my soul's glory, joy, and crown.

Fair are the meadows, fairer still the woodlands,
Robed in the blooming garb of spring: Jesus is fairer,
Jesus is purer, Who makes the woeful heart to sing.

Fair is the sunshine, fairer still the moonlight,
And all the twinkling starry hosts: Jesus shines brighter,
Jesus shines purer than all the angels heav'n can boast.

Beautiful Savior!  Lord of the nations!
Son of God and Son of Man!  Glory and honor,
Praise, adoration now and forevermore be Thine!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whether friend or stranger, I'm glad you stopped by! Hearing from you brightens my day, so feel free to communicate with me here.