Tuesday, October 24, 2017

College: beginning to mid-terms

So maybe this blog post is more for my family than anyone else to let them know that I'm still alive!  :)  But I guess they already know that when I write so much.  I have written more letters in my first month of college than I did in the 3 months of summer combined!
I have taken very few pictures in the past 2 months, but here are the snapshots of what life has been like as a Small freshman in South Carolina.

I am pretty thrilled to say that my first semester of college is already (or finally...) half over!  The past several weeks have been a whirlwind of information and my brain is crammed full of things I've learned both spiritually and academically since I arrived 8 weeks ago.  God has been SO good to me, and I am so overwhelmed by His patience with me as I learn, forget, and learn again.  THAT is love.
Getting ready to say a 3 1/2 month goodbye looks like this.  I hate goodbyes...especially with this girl.
Dorcas was the first person I met on campus. I am so grateful I had her in those first few days of knowing nothing about what I was getting into!

Dorcas and I also went to Rush together, ate so much food, and met so many new people.
What I learn at college: finally I know what these things are called.





After a few weeks of getting into the grind at college, I was able to get a babysitting job with such a sweet family!  They spoil me so much, and I get to play with this kid and his toys!








Thankfully I don't have to babysit the grasshopper as well.  But I couldn't help but be amazed by his enormous size!  (Tirzah, you know how glad I was to be on opposite sides of the window!)
Candy corn is the meaning of fall.




















^This is undoubtedly the best place on campus.  My mailbox is practically my key to survival in college.  I love my daily walk to and from the mailbox compound, especially when I find encouraging letters from friends and family.  They MAKE MY DAY every time.  And sometimes I have to send pictures home to prove that I'm still alive and not a skeleton.
Almost daily access to Lucky Charms would've been my childhood dream.


I absolutely love waking up to pictures of my family every morning.  And to a special hymn in my sister's handwriting.  My little piece of home away from home.

It DOES rain here, just very infrequently.  I get so excited about raindrops every time.

My first pumpkin latte of the season on a day that finally started to feel a little like fall!  This Washingtonian is so ready to say goodbye to summer!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Whether friend or stranger, I'm glad you stopped by! Hearing from you brightens my day, so feel free to communicate with me here.