Sunday, May 8, 2016

A floral outing


Mother's Day is coming to a close...but what if we treated every day like Mother's Day?  Would we live with less regrets?  Imagine a world where you appreciated your mom out loud every day.  After all, don't you think they deserve it?  Most moms (probably all moms!) are severely under-thanked.  I know I don't live that thankfulness all the time.  BUT I just have to say that my mom is a very strong and wise person.  She is committed to prayer and living a faithful, consistent life.  She shows me how to love being in God's presence more.  She is always ready to forgive and assume the best.  I could go on for a long time, I think.  Thank you, Mom, for being a model of the wise and knowledgeable that Proverbs describes.  I hope your character heavily rubs off on me!

Anna, Tirzah, Mom, me, and Kea--one big, happy...something.
In other news, this is the company I've been keeping in the past few months.  (above picture)  We found Anna and Kea on the streets one day, and they asked if they could live with us.  (They had no idea what they were in for.)  Being the kind-hearted creatures that we are, we agreed to take them in on a trial basis...
Anyway, a few weeks ago we went to Whitney Gardens in Brinnon to spend our Sunday afternoon.  There were, what do you know, a lot of flowers there.  And especially rhododendrons, which are normally not cool.  But if you look really closely and squint one eye, they aren't so bad.  ;)

Enormous rhododendron.  Now this might give you nightmares!
Kea the flower smeller.







Ever contemplative and thoughtful.


We all crossed the creek without getting even a toenail wet.  And we each had to prove that we could skip across the rocks, but Tirzah claims that she's the only one who can actually do it right.








Ahhh.  Kea has always dreamed of lying back into a hole of spider webs.
Such good reception in the brain!
So much blue going on.

Sister life.
It would be unrealistic to get one good picture.






So since when do I blog twice in one day?  Since right now!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whether friend or stranger, I'm glad you stopped by! Hearing from you brightens my day, so feel free to communicate with me here.