Thursday, April 14, 2016

Living and loving God's Word

Help!  I haven't blogged in forever!  Besides being busy, my computer likes playing this game called something like "see how many times I can crash today."  So I get to experience the computer constantly crashing when I try to use it for almost anything.  Right now the record is 6 times in an hour.  I didn't get very much done that hour.  And, as you can probably guess, blogging is very difficult when the computer crashes over and over.  I eventually give up, usually with nothing accomplished.  But here I am with a few of my favorite quotes!

"God's Word will never fall into disrepair.  But here's what happens when we don't travel on it:
We fall into disrepair."   
-David Jeremiah

"Do not have your concert first, and then tune your instrument afterwards.
Begin the day with the Word of God and prayer, and get first of all into harmony with Him."
-Hudson Taylor

"Reading the Bible without meditating on it is like trying to eat without swallowing."

"We must allow the Word of God to confront us, to disturb our security, to undermine our complacency, and to overthrow our patterns of thought and behavior."
-John R.W. Stott

"You may as well quite reading and hearing the Word of God and give it to the devil, if you do not desire to live according to it."
-Martin Luther

"Here, then, is the real problem of our negligence.
We fail in our duty to study God's Word not so much because it is difficult to understand,
not so much because it is dull and boring,
but because it is work.
Our problem is not lack of intelligence or a lack of passion.
Our problem is that we are lazy."
-R.C. Sproul

"Men do not reject the Bible because it contradicts itself but because it contradicts them."
-E. Paul Hovey

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whether friend or stranger, I'm glad you stopped by! Hearing from you brightens my day, so feel free to communicate with me here.