Thursday, January 19, 2017

It's been cold

Until this week, it had been more than a month since the temperature had been above 30 degrees.  We often woke up to 10 or 12 degree mornings.  I know that is almost like a summer dream to some of my friends who are surviving negative temperatures right now.  I've been in those temperatures before, and I'm not envious.  At all.  I'm glad it stayed cold enough to retain the snow, but it didn't need to be any lower.

Tirzah and I (we share a room) are labeled things such as "crazy" and "insane" when it comes to winter.  Why?  Because we religiously leave our room window open all year round.  Nothing beats the cool freshness, and it's perfect for sleeping in.  As a side benefit, I also enjoy seeing if we can reach new record-low temperatures.  Well, this year we beat all records.  Our room hit 30 degrees, but liked hanging around 33 better.  (I know you are jealous and probably, at this moment, determining that you will out-do us next year.)

Still snow, slippery ice, sparkly frost, the blue sky's contrast with the glittering white ground.  These are just a few things that make this "the most wonderful time of the year."

















No comments:

Post a Comment

Whether friend or stranger, I'm glad you stopped by! Hearing from you brightens my day, so feel free to communicate with me here.