Friday, October 14, 2016

Life is the Small things

Spiky hair, kleenex, and old photos.  This is what memories are made of.  Do you ever wonder how it can be that the little, unexpected things through life are often more memorable and important than the big things?  When I think about my dad, I remember all the little last-minute ways he showed me love or the grocery shopping we did together.  When I think about my sister, Tirzah, I think of the times we laughed together or shared that look that meant "yes, I know what you're thinking without you saying it."
While those big life events and special outings are indeed treasured and exciting, we should not count on that to make up the "happy pillars" of our lives.  We can't ignore or look past the little things that make life what it is.

A few weeks ago we were babysitting 3 youngsters for a few days.  It's funny how kids can be stressful, consuming, and tiring, but also the cause of many laughs.  These kids are so cute and thoughtful; they really make me smile.

One night, after a bath, Elijah had his hair spiked.  I have a weakness for spiked hair, and he knows it.  Although he originally tried to run and hide his adorable spikes from me, I eventually got his permission for a picture.  Isn't it the cutest?!
Gideon knows how to unload a kleenex box.
...and he knows what they're for!  Sooo cute to watch him try to blow his nose.

Ashnah looked so cute in her French braids made by Auntie!
And here she is admiring a very old picture of Aunties Tirzah and Sharon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whether friend or stranger, I'm glad you stopped by! Hearing from you brightens my day, so feel free to communicate with me here.