Saturday, October 8, 2016

Gideon anticipates his future


I believe aunts have 2 major rules to live by:
  1. Be a good influence and example
  2. Spoil as needed
Having been an aunt for the past 10 years, I've had a lot of time to practice these rules.  Unfortunately, even that many years does not make me perfect at it yet...But I do try to be a good example, especially when it comes to nephews and footballs.  

After several minutes of practicing my football throw and aim, I sat down in the grass with Jelly Boy and the 2 footballs.  Gideon proceeded to handle the footballs with so much cuteness that I couldn't resist leaving him alone in the grass for a few minutes in order to grab the camera.  (When I got back he had neither been attacked by the dog nor had he been screaming.  Score.) 

A rather serious football player?

How does Gideon feel about his future as a star football player?...
First, pretty chill and confident in his future natural skill.  He thinks it'll be rather relaxing.
Second, he obviously can't wait!  It will be so much fun, and he'll show them all.

1 comment:

  1. So cute! I left all my little people (cousins and sibs) in Washington, and miss them a ton. :(

    ReplyDelete

Whether friend or stranger, I'm glad you stopped by! Hearing from you brightens my day, so feel free to communicate with me here.