Tuesday, August 30, 2016

There's a smile in my cup!

Does anyone else get excited to finish a cup of milk just to see it smile back at you?  Or am I here just sheepishly raising my hand all alone?...Ok, so maybe it's just me. 
It's hard to believe that summer is practically over now.  And it has simply flown by at my house!  As you can tell, I've taken little time for blogging.  Between afternoons with friends, drives to the airport, weekends with family, and work, I have let a lot of writing responsibilities fall behind.  But there's so much to be thankful for in a full summer!  So much more than just a smiling cup of milk.  As I think about hurting people around the world who may have experienced a very painful, heart-breaking summer, I am reminded that I have more than I think I do....
And as much as I'm groaning that summer has already come to a close, I am so ready for fall!  I know that it's going to hold just as much to be thankful for.  Isn't God GOOD to give us so many things to be thankful for?!  I think He likes variety and little smiley surprises through each day.  Life is the little things.

Thank you, God, for the little things.

1 comment:

  1. Love this blog! So good to be reminded of all the little ways God smiles at us!

    ReplyDelete

Whether friend or stranger, I'm glad you stopped by! Hearing from you brightens my day, so feel free to communicate with me here.