Monday, August 1, 2016

Home theater

Summer: Noun.  The season for doing things a little differently and daily "wasting" time on making memories of all variations.

Last week my sister and I finally did something that I've been wanting to do for over a year now: create our own outdoor theater!  I really wanted to do this last summer, but we were busy and I wasn't sure where to find all the cords and such.  (And looking was just too hard, I guess.)

But a friend asked if we could do a special outing or something together, and I suggested outdoor theater in our back yard.  Since she thought that sounded cool, I really had to pull myself together to find all the equipment and make it happen...and we got it all put together before dark!  (Not without much help and experimenting along the way.)  Watching a movie outside was a new experience for me, and it was rewarding and fun.  For the opening night, we gave out free tickets, too.  Only 5 people attended, but it was just right for the size of our trampoline.  :)
Many thanks to our most amazing neighbors who provided the movie for our show--"The Ultimate Gift."  It's a movie I can highly recommend!  It shows what the real gifts in life are and how much we really have even without physical stuff.
You can't see it from this distance, but we should note that our pre-show music was Piano Guys!

Many sleeping bags and pillows help make a night cozy, though still somewhat sleepless.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whether friend or stranger, I'm glad you stopped by! Hearing from you brightens my day, so feel free to communicate with me here.