Friday, September 25, 2015

Flip-flop obsessed

This means a daily vacation for me!!
A friend once told me, "Flip-flops and a sweater....that's how I always picture you."  Well, she was completely right.  People who know me most likely also know that flip-flops and sweaters are 2 of my favorite things.  I know, they seem like contradictions, but I love the combination.  
Flip-flops get to be my all-occasion shoe of choice.  And when someone gets that far into loving a certain type of shoes, the only spoken summer goal is to get a darker "flip-flop strap tan line." 
So here is an "ode" to my favorite shoes who faithfully take me everywhere:

Flip-flops, flip-flops, from where have you come? 
From the beach, or the zoo, maybe even from Guam? 
Tell me your stories; I’d like to hear these, 
Have you walked to a shop for a ham sandwich with cheese? 

Flip-flops, flip-flops, now where will you go? 
To London or France, maybe even Cairo? 
You and me, will explore in the rain, 
While walking through sand on the coast of Spain.


Flip-flops, flip-flops, you’re now old and worn, 
Your color has faded; your foam has been torn, 
I’ve seen all your stories, its time to go.
Remember dear flip-flops, I love you so.
Leslie Briggs




And, when you're a flip-flop lover like me, you might even buy these ridiculous
socks just so your favorite shoes can still easily be worn...
The progress I made on my summer goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whether friend or stranger, I'm glad you stopped by! Hearing from you brightens my day, so feel free to communicate with me here.