Sunday, March 22, 2015

Signs of spring

This is my Father's world, and to my list-'ning ears
All nature sings, and round me rings the music of the spheres.
This is my Father's world!  I rest me in the thought 
Of rocks and trees, of skies and seas--His hand the wonders wrought.

This is my Father's world--the birds their carols raise;
The morning light, the lily white, declare their Maker's praise.
This is my Father's world!  He shines in all that's fair;
In the rustling grass I hear Him pass--He speaks to me everywhere.

This is my Father's world--O let me ne'er forget
That tho the wrong seems oft so strong, God is the Ruler yet.
This is my Father's world!  The battle is not done;
Jesus who died shall be satisfied, and earth and heav'n to one.

In case the past few weeks of bright sun has not been evidence enough (yes, I'll admit it finally rained a little this week), spring has come and everything is growing early.  This week, as I went out for my photography practice, I saw in so many places that He shines in all that's fair.  I have never watched spring's growing so closely, so it's given me new awe for how God made everything work just the way it's supposed to in each season.  
It was fun playing around with the object of focus this week:




Watching the green leaves push their ways back out was twice as interesting
after having just studied it in Biology



I found where the melanerpes erythocephalus has been doing his work.


This butterfly was not very excited to get his picture taken,
but I finally got him to behave long enough.











While I don't like mushrooms on the table, they are rather fascinating in the ground
The grass is GREEN and long again...it's about time to pull out the mower.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Whether friend or stranger, I'm glad you stopped by! Hearing from you brightens my day, so feel free to communicate with me here.