Wednesday, April 4, 2018

Medicine for my heart

**Excessive pictures warning!!**  I just can't help it; I love these people so much.

Spring break feels like it was AGES ago, but reality (and the calendar) tells me that it ended only a couple of weeks ago.  This spring break was met with so much enthusiasm.  After a couple months of praying and then almost losing hope, I was so immensely thankful to celebrate the few days of break with my mom and sister coming out to South Carolina! I am still thanking God for making this time together possible.

As with most things that I am insanely excited about, the count-down is painfully long and then the event itself is painfully short.  However quickly the 7 days with Mom and Tirzah may have gone, it did me so much good.  Whether grocery shopping, playing games, or roaming the city, I was satisfied as long as we were together.

Stop 1 was the Billy Graham Library in North Carolina.  I had never been there before, and, despite my numerous yawns and the scary "talking" cow, I enjoyed learning more about the history of Billy Graham and his ministry.  People like him make me wonder what I'm doing to make a difference in this needy world!

This was an accidental picture, but I just laugh every time over our faces.  This could have a really good caption, I think.
I love having sister and best friend all in the same person.
What a wonderful sight for sore eyes!!
Stop 2 was McDonald's, of all places!  None of us likes McDonald's, but we had to get the traditional Shamrock Shake for St. Patrick's Day.  One of our initiated sisters started this tradition in our family several years ago, so I was quite happy to treat us to the continuation of tradition.

Stop 3 involved the park downtown.  I have written many letters that mentioned this particular park, which has provided several much-needed breaks from campus and the books.  I was excited to finally show Mom and Tirzah this place in person and explore some of the area together.
It's hard to say whether Tirzah thought she was in jail or only wished that she could be.




At least our mom is normal!
Judging by the above picture, we obviously needed some extra sugar.  I was thrilled to finally spend my Cold Stone gift card on my 2 favorite people.  It had been long saved up for this moment!

Stop 4 was new to all of us!  We got to take one afternoon away from intense game-playing to enjoy a state park.  The trails and woods of South Carolina aren't exactly comparable to Washington, but it was good to spend time out in the air trail blazing (because these trails are just too easy).


When we weren't out-and-about shopping or hitting up the town, we spent many hours relaxing, playing games, and simply enjoying each other's company....oh, and eating so much sugar.

More downtown adventures and ice cream with cousins!
Tirzah provided us with Catan but was not thrilled to lose both games.
Since I have limited breakfast options at the university, I was happy to have a few egg burritos over the course of the week.
All too soon it was time to say goodbye again.  It never seems to get much easier to let them go.  As you can see, I am extremely blessed; this refreshing week with some family is only one example.  Having my mom and Tirzah as close companions through the good and the bad is a treasure I'm happy to call my own.  The sacrifices they have both made during my year at BJU has been so humbling and wonderful, too.
"Oh, how great is Your goodness, which You have laid up for those who fear You."  Psalm 31:19a

2 comments:

  1. Thanking God for the time you three had together! And for this glimpse into your fun days :) I laughed over your egg burrito ... your faces ... and your captions. And just so you know, EVERY time I passed a McDonald's advertising Shamrock Shakes I thought of you :) Love and miss you all!

    ReplyDelete

Whether friend or stranger, I'm glad you stopped by! Hearing from you brightens my day, so feel free to communicate with me here.