Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Powdered winter

As I watch the temperature rise, the rain pounding outside, and the snow slowly melting into big, messy puddles, I realize that every weather--every season--has it's own unique loveliness that can't really be matched.  Of course, I have a special power that makes me especially happy and pleased with snow and rain...but each season truly has its own magic.
With the rain fall, it is easy to see that our snow days are coming to an end.  We've had snow for 1 month and 12 days now.  While the rain is a welcome, cozy sound to hear pounding on the roof, I hate to see the snow go.  Looking back on these pictures of our 2nd snow--a few inches and very powderific--I am very thankful and satisfied that we actually got snow this year, though.  And, for Washington, we really got quite a lot for a good while.  So as I look out on big puddles taking place of the still white, I am grateful.  Seasons are good.




Driving out into a new world for the first time!


I love the way the snow hangs on every tree branch, weighing it down.


On some particularly happy days, it snowed hard enough to be thought of as a "Washington blizzard."
It's been a lovely winter!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whether friend or stranger, I'm glad you stopped by! Hearing from you brightens my day, so feel free to communicate with me here.