Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Get to know me tag


I was tagged once again by Rebekah Eddy for the get to know me tag!  I realized that several of these questions are often mentioned, but I'd never really given much thought to them.  Thanks, Rebekah!  


Vital stats:

Name: Sharon Mercy Small
Nicknames: Auntie, Share Bear, Mercy, Merc, Mercle (the list of middle name forms could go on...)  My preference is something related to my middle name.
Place of birth: Wasilla, Alaska, and proud of it!
Worst school subject: I didn't know this was an actual question.  Is the answer not obvious?

Firsts:
Friend: My sister, Tirzah, and oldest brother, Jeremiah.  I always wanted more time to play with either of them!
Award: Hmmm...Probably the first official award I got was 2nd place at the local Bible Bee in 2013.  That's not saying much, though.
Sport: I haven't ever really played sports, though it always sounded like fun.  (Well, besides the running, sweating, aching, and general pain.)  I enjoy watching football and wishing that I could play.  My friends think I excel at the sport of getting hurt, if that qualifies.  (It is a rare occasion when I do not have a band-aid on.)  But I do love playing ultimate Frisbee, even if I'm not very good.

Real holiday: Does this mean "vacation"?  I don't really know because my family has done a lot of traveling in my life time.  I do remember flying with my family to Indiana as a little kid every couple years to visit cousins.  I always loved getting to stay at Aunt Nancy's house where she made macaroni and cheese for lunch, and we had unlimited time to play all sorts of things!  I also got strep throat there and first learned to shuffle cards.  :)
Concert: My first concert?  I'm not sure, but maybe going to the opera with the family when I was really young.  I hated it because we had to sit almost a mile away, use binoculars to see anything, and read the subtitles to see what was being said.  I don't have such strong feelings for operas anymore.  Wait, operas don't really qualify as concerts, do they?  Forget it.  I just don't know!

Favorites:
Film: ONE?!  You're kidding, right?  I like Life is Beautiful, The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe; Anne of Green Gables; The Book Thief; and The Sound of Music.  But there are so many other good ones out there, too!
TV show: We don't have TV, so I haven't ever really watched a TV show.
Color: Blue!  But orange, green, black, brown, pink, and purple are all closely following.
Song: I'm convinced that this is impossible to answer.  There are so many good songs out there.
Restaurant: the Costco deli!  Does that count?  What about Taco Bell?  Japanese, Olive Garden, and teriyaki are some other good ones.
Books: The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes, The Phantom Tollbooth, and Crazy Love are probably closest to the top.

Currently:
Feeling: Tired, full, and motivated to accomplish something. (I guess I'm feeling pretty normal at the moment.)
Single or taken: Quite single.
Eating: Nothing, but I wouldn't object to some ice cream, pizza, or chocolate. 
Watching: The sky being very blue when I would prefer rain.
Wearing: a khaki skirt and blue hoodie.  (the best things in life are hoodies.)

Future:
Want children?  I've always wanted to adopt, and I take great pride in large families. :)
Want to be married? If that's how I can live most purposefully for God, I'll go for it in His timing.  But I do not see all of my life's purpose being getting married.  Singleness is also a great gift and ought to be used wisely.
Careers in mind: I'm a little lost right now as to what I should spend my single life doing.  When I was younger, I really wanted to be a mechanic (I still think it would be fun to learn) and writer, but I'm not sure if those will fit into my future any more.
Where do you want to live? Anywhere with seasons, not too much heat, and out of the city.  Europe, Australia, Alaska, Washington...there are so many lovely places on this earth!  But I'm really pretty happy in Western Washington.

Do you believe in:
God: Without doubt.  I am so dependent on Him.
Miracles: Yes, though not on demand.  God is not a machine for us to get whatever we want.  He has a sovereign plan, and miracles are not always involved.
Love at first sight: The idea of love at first sight just seems crazy.  I suppose that "like at first sight" is common, but I doubt the genuineness of love at first sight.  A real love for someone goes past appearance or superficial personality, needing to be faithfully kept up following Jesus' model of unconditional love.  But I'm probably not the one to ask.  After all, I did just state that I was very single.
Ghosts: I guess that would depend on how you define "ghosts."  The Bible talks a lot about demons possessing people, and I obviously believe that is true.
Aliens: Not unless we're talking about the term "illegal aliens."
Heaven: I don't know where I'd be without that hope.
Hell: Although God has indescribable love for everyone who walks this earth, there are consequences to being blind to Him.
Kissing on a first date:  Absolutely NOT.  
Yourself: This is another one that kind of needs to be more clearly defined.  I believe that I am alive and existing, if that's what you were doubting.  I don't believe in my own ability to be the person I need to be apart from God.  He is the One Who helps me have a right attitude, be motivated to spend my time well, and all of those things that lead to a purposeful life.  But, yes, I am a real person...aren't I?

3 comments:

  1. Sharon, I love this so much. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, thanks! The Share Bear was just for you! :D

      Delete
  2. I loved the math and Frisbee quotes. XD
    Thanks for doing the tag Sharon! I had a lot of fun reading your answers! :)

    ReplyDelete

Whether friend or stranger, I'm glad you stopped by! Hearing from you brightens my day, so feel free to communicate with me here.