Monday, January 18, 2016

Snow day!

It is, sadly, not very often that we get to enjoy snow in these parts.  We live in the mountains, and yet it rarely snows as low as our house.  This is the great disappointment factor every winter.  One hopes for the joy filled flakes, but they never come in enough quantity to pile up.  This year was no exception.
My dad (and mom) used to take us to White Pass every winter for a special snowboard/ski trip, and we have many good memories of that family tradition.  But, for various reasons, we haven't been able to go for 6 years.  Just try to imagine the thrill of getting to make it work this winter!
It was so fun for me to spend the day with my mom, sisters (Tirzah and Ema), and brothers (Matt and Caleb).  The snowboarding was great fun, but the lengthy drive there and back was nearly as entertaining.  Those brothers of mine are hilarious, and I absolutely loved getting them more or less to myself for the day.  That doesn't happen very often!
I'm super grateful they got to come, and for their patience and perseverance in helping Ema and me stay upright.  They are pretty incredible snowboarders, not to mention brothers.  Here's a peek into our day together:
Entering the land with snow!
Our very enthusiastic driver.
Excited to finally see snow after a long drive!

We made it!


So much snow...

Yep, the one making that cool move really is my brother.
He could snowboard for real!
Me lagging behind one of my patient teachers/brothers
Tirzah looked as cool as she skiied.

Look, look!  I'm standing!
After the mountainside adventures--proof that we are all still alive.

Last chance to enjoy the snow before getting back in the van.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whether friend or stranger, I'm glad you stopped by! Hearing from you brightens my day, so feel free to communicate with me here.