Thursday, January 21, 2016

Appreciate the squirrels


Ok, guys!  Important day to put on your calendar!  (I mean, it was important enough to announce on the radio.)  It's Squirrel Appreciation Day!  As I was told on the radio, "if you see a squirrel today, wave and, at least silently, say 'hello.'"  Enjoy the squirrels of today!


"I think I'd be hard pressed to unfurl
A poem as exquisite as a squirrel.

A squirrel that plays with God all day
And buries nuts for a rainy day.

A squirrel that may in springtime wear
A crown of blossoms in her hair;

Upon whose tail fresh snow has lain,
And frolics sweetly in the rain.

Poems are made my silly girls,
But only God has mastered squirrels!"

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. No, I didn't write it. I just found it online, but didn't see who it was by. Thought it was cute, especially the last part! :)

      Delete

Whether friend or stranger, I'm glad you stopped by! Hearing from you brightens my day, so feel free to communicate with me here.