Thursday, December 10, 2015

Food tag!

I'm back!  After being on the other side of the country for 3 weeks (more on that later), it's nice to be home again.  A couple weeks ago I was tagged by Rebekah Eddy at 4rmeddy.blogspot.com to write a post answering these questions on food!  But I had almost no access to a computer while we were gone (confused?  hint: blogspot allows for posts to be scheduled ahead of time!), so I'm just now getting to the tag.  

1. What's the yummiest meal you've eaten this month?

  • This is a very hard question to answer.  We just got home from traveling, and everyone served us amazing meals.  From Asian to Mexican to American--oh my!  It was all very good.  

2. What is your favorite meal to make?

  • To be honest, when it comes to cooking, I'm just pretty pathetic.  So I basically like to cook whatever is easiest and fastest.  :)  Macaroni?  Top Ramen?  Should I really be admitting this?  My willingness to give more effort to cook depends on my mood.  My absolute favorite thing about any kind of cooking, though, is getting to cut raw chicken.  Ooh.  Slimy, squishy, give me more!

3. What is your favorite dessert to make?

  • My "specialty" for several years has been peanut butter buckeyes.  I enjoy making them, but especially because I get to eat them.  I'm also often the one to make brownies in our family, which is fun because the recipes are usually quick.  While I'm not a big fan of making marble cheesecake because it has so many steps (see, I'm just lazy when it comes to cooking), I love getting to eat it, so the time is worth it.  

4. What does your mom cook best?
  • Really basically everything.  But our family favorite is her Tex-Mex.  I'm pretty sure she's the only one who can make it perfectly right.
5. What does your dad cook best?

  • I can't really think of anything that Dad didn't cook well!  But his specialty was breakfast.  He almost always made breakfast for the family.  Sometimes it was unique (like granola in pancakes), but he managed to make pretty nearly everything tasty.  He was also very good at cooking meat.

6. What is the most disgusting food you've ever eaten?

  • Probably stuffed vinegar grape leaves with bugs literally crawling on it.  Yes, we ate it quietly and survived simultaneously.  

7. What meal would you never make your own future family eat?

  • The first thing that comes to mind is oatmeal.  I really dislike oatmeal and would hate to force it on my own children.  :)  I also strongly dislike mushrooms and shellfish.  Yuck.  At the same time, I do put high value on learning to eat what is put before you. (even if it seems like poison...)
8. Does your family have any traditional meals?

  • Yes!  Thanksgiving: traditional stuffing, turkey, and mashed potatoes.  Christmas: shish-kabobs and we all get to make our own!  Passover: everything exactly traditional; one of our family favorite holidays.  Birthdays: Usually the birthday kid gets to choose the meals.

9. Do you prefer cake or ice cream?

  • Without doubt, ICE CREAM!  Store-bought cake is usually not-so-pleasant, but I have had some pretty good cakes in my time.  However, I could probably eat ice cream for every meal for the rest of my life.  I really just love ice cream to a fault.

10. Have you ever eaten raw seafood?  Explain your experience.
  • Praise the Lord, I don't recall having ever had raw seafood!  Therefore, my experience was delightful.

Thanks, Rebekah!  I enjoyed blogging on your tag!  :)

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for your answers! They were very fun to read. ;)
    I agree with a lot of them. ESPECIALLY the seventh and ninth answers. :)

    ReplyDelete

Whether friend or stranger, I'm glad you stopped by! Hearing from you brightens my day, so feel free to communicate with me here.