Thursday, August 13, 2015

Weekend of birthdays

Last weekend we celebrated the birthdays of 2 of my nieces.  Being their last weekend here on their 2 week visit as well, we spent a few days celebrating.  It may have been a crazy few days of constantly doing something, but getting to go to the opera, enjoy time with family, eat lots of sugar at a tea party, and do some short hikes was fun and memorable!

I'm pretty sure this was my first time walking across a bridge over the road like this.
There was a great view of the space needle from McCaw Hall

Johannah's first time to see the space needle!!
Front of McCaw Hall

A very unique chandelier in the opera house,
which looked more like it belonged in a science museum.
Complete with plastic water bottles, ladders, and tape measures!
Our group of friends/family who joined us for the opera Nabucco
How we make ice cream=hand cranked and 5 minute shifts
Ashnah was prepared for anything with the pinata.
Uncle Caleb got the last hit and sent all the candy flying
Eve and Emma, the birthday girls

Cousins ready to enjoy a tea party!

Tirzah and me




Sisters picture!  Keren, Sarah, me, and Tirzah
(and there always seems to be a mysterious foot protruding from Sarah's side...)
Age order.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whether friend or stranger, I'm glad you stopped by! Hearing from you brightens my day, so feel free to communicate with me here.