Thursday, February 22, 2018

College kids in the real world

So, you know, sometimes life on campus can get really dull.  The people all start to look recognizable--even if you've never met them before--and the food is predictable.

Getting off-campus can be quite a treat.  And since it's such a special, rare occasion, I like to choose my off-campus company carefully to make the most of the event.  I never go wrong when I invite Mariah to join me for a much needed outing just to get away and enjoy life unrelated to the reality of college, which stares us in the face every morning when we get up.
She has been, undoubtedly, one of the best parts of my semester.  From ice cream to history studying to devotional accountability...I could go on.  The point is that Mariah is a lot like me, and we have thoroughly enjoyed finding out more of our similarities.  And I'm so glad she's just down the hall so I can bug her all the time, ask for her advice, and feel deprived when we go a few hours apart.

In the past few weeks Mariah and I have gotten off campus a few times, which our brains seem to like.  As we walked the sidewalk of downtown Greenville a couple weeks ago, Mariah said it well: "I feel like we have been in a movie and now we're released into the real world again."  So maybe we did look around at the tall buildings and shops like exaggerating lunatics, but it sure made it more fun.


Thankful for gift cards that enable extra special treats!




"Wow, look at that beautiful water...a real river.  It's so perfect."  In reality, the water was very muddy and brown.  Maybe we were a bit optimistic.

Although we had to return to the world of college again, it is ok as long as we are in it together.  
"Sometimes being with your friend is all the therapy you need."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whether friend or stranger, I'm glad you stopped by! Hearing from you brightens my day, so feel free to communicate with me here.